Thread: Should I buy Wasteland 2?

I've made over 40 posts First time out of the vault
    Total Downloaded

Should I buy Wasteland 2?

So,I didn't played the first Wastleand,I like fallout seires,but i' don't know what to think about W2. i like the setting,but graphic sucks,also i heard the writing is not that great.
    Problably if gampelay is similar to x com EW i could easily like it.
    So,how W2 is? is writing not as bad as fallout 4?

Total Downloaded
    As "additional writing" writer on WL2, I don't think the writing's bad

>_> <_<

(it does have its own unique tone and flair though)

3. Marionettetc gave this post some rads
    Misanthrope Lived Through the Heat Death
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
    As "additional writing" writer on WL2, I don't think the writing's bad

>_> <_<

(it does have its own unique tone and flair though)
    The writing wasn't really bad, but I think in ways the story felt like a rehash of the original. I look forward to Wasteland 3 to see things shaken up a bit with the game taking on more of it's own identity, separating it more from Fallout. Hopefully now people can know what to expect more and manage their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshambo
    Congratulations for being a moron, again. Please try to think next time.

5. Jubal Quintus gave this post some rads
    Cave Adsum First time out of the vault
    Total Downloaded
    I'm enjoying it a lot. I'd recommend jumping into the Director's Cut for the improved engine and the perks and traits.
    "My idea is explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."
    Tim Cain

Banned It Wandered In From the Wastes
    Total Downloaded
    Writing isn't bad at all, but if you're the kind of person who says "the graphics suck", then I doubt you will enjoy any of the nuance put into the game.

Wasteland 2 is Fluff 80/100
    Crunch 90/100

I'm a SRPG elitist and the combat and customization is very satisfying, best strategy game in the past ten years along with the X-com reboot.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionettetc View Post
    Writing isn't bad at all, but if you're the kind of person who says "the graphics suck", then I doubt you will enjoy any of the nuance put into the game.

Wasteland 2 is Fluff 80/100
    Crunch 90/100

I'm a SRPG elitist and the combat and customization is very satisfying, best strategy game in the past ten years along with the X-com reboot.
    c'mon man,just beacause i find immersive a good graphic in game means that i'm a tasteless idiot who only play cod? I mean,if i'm playing F2 i know that graphic is what it is and i don't mind,but if i can have a good gameplay,good plot AND good grphics,well,that's the perfect mix.
    Anywaysdo the gameplay feels like this?

that's great.

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Its a solid game and a hell of a lot better than fallout 4.

10. TorontRayne, Marionettetc gave this post some rads
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes
    Total Downloaded
    Buy! Even though it's not Fallout it's a good game.

Total Downloaded
    on psn it cost 43$,guess I'm gonna buy it if there will be no sale. hope it worth its cost.

Total Downloaded
    jeez,I just went on the hompage,checked out underrail trailer and comments are throwing shit on W2. Too many doubts

Banana, nirvana, manana. Half-way Through My Half-life
    Total Downloaded
    The concensus on the codex, who'se opinion I respect, says Underrail is better than Wasteland 2. It's got more depth in it's system apparently.

I didn't think Wasteland 2 is bad though, and it's got a lot going for it. Decent writing, good choices and consequences, cool combat, and you can make your own party. I think in Underrail you control but one character. Which for me is a point in Wasteland 2's favor.
    Zanzoken: Vast amounts of unpolished content with no emotional investment is the most accurate description of post-Morrowind Bethsoft I have ever read. Reinar: 100 times 0 is still 0.
    I'm always taking photoshop requests! - See my 'art' - Steam - Here's some science to help you relax - Behead those that insult Fallout 1! - Oh Hi Orderites.
    Buy my 'art'! > http://www.redbubble.com/people/akratus/shop < Buy my 'art'! (and some very lovely public domain images. Get your very own Satan mug today!)

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Akratus View Post
    The concensus on the codex, who'se opinion I respect, says Underrail is better than Wasteland 2. It's got more depth in it's system apparently.
    whats or who is the concensus on the codex?
    sooo,is 43 dollars a good price for the director's cut?

Toaster Repair Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Total Downloaded
    Wasteland 2 was made on a Kickstarter budget of about 3 million dollars IIRC, which is minuscule. Wasteland 2 is unpolished, reuses character portraits and assets, and some minor traveling locations look exactly the same. Sometimes traveling the map takes so long you can go make a cup of tea. And there are bugs - big ones - as well.

And yet I've played it for over 120 hours and am still only on my 2nd playthrough. The writing is excellent. Pillars of Eternity probably managed a greater level of polish, but Wasteland 2 still managed to deliver for me.

It is one of the best games I have played of recent years, and is worth every penny even with all these issues. And honestly, you should buy it just to send big publishers a message that we demand RPGs of this depth.

Is it worth a buy? YES. Still not sure? Steam Christmas Sale is coming up, and then it's a steal.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin John Finster View Post
    Wasteland 2 was made on a Kickstarter budget of about 3 million dollars IIRC, which is minuscule. Wasteland 2 is unpolished, reuses character portraits and assets, and some minor traveling locations look exactly the same. Sometimes traveling the map takes so long you can go make a cup of tea. And there are bugs - big ones - as well.

And yet I've played it for over 120 hours and am still only on my 2nd playthrough. The writing is excellent. Pillars of Eternity probably managed a greater level of polish, but Wasteland 2 still managed to deliver for me.

It is one of the best games I have played of recent years, and is worth every penny even with all these issues. And honestly, you should buy it just to send big publishers a message that we demand RPGs of this depth.

Is it worth a buy? YES. Still not sure? Steam Christmas Sale is coming up, and then it's a steal.
    ok,well,hope for the best. unfortunatly i cannot buy it on steam and play it on pc

Toaster Repair Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishmash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin John Finster View Post

ok,well,hope for the best. unfortunatly i cannot buy it on steam and play it on pc
    Then I cannot really advise you because I don't know what the console version is like. The game was definitely made for PC/Keyboard/Mouse but maybe the console version is fine. I really don't know.

On PC, I enjoyed the game and still play it after 120 hours and all the aforementioned issues.

Total Downloaded
    thank you everybody for your advices,the game is great.
    i took some rad suits and now i'm gonna go to damonta!