Thread: videogaming247 interviews Pete Hines

Total Downloaded

videogaming247 interviews Pete Hines

VG247, in its usual fragmented style. Fallout 3’s gameplay is like “organised chaos”.
    “It’s sort of like organised chaos,” the Bethesda man told VG247 at Games Convention.

“In order for the player to be able to go wherever they want, they have to know they can get back to whatever it is that they wanted to be doing, or were supposed to be doing, which for most folks is the main quest.
    Tradeshow demos can be frustrating.
    “To your point, it does make it a bit like, ‘Well, what are you doing at E3?’ versus, ‘What are you doing at Leipzig?’ Go do what you want. If you played it at E3, go in a different direction this time. That’s what we do well.”

Fallout 3 did come under some fire after E3, where journalists were allowed to play the game for 30 minutes.

“You play the game and you see what you think,” Hines said previously on the matter.

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    “You play the game and you see what you think”

...Journalists play the game and tell us what to think...

I should set a custom title A Smooth-Skin

Total Downloaded
    His statement about playing the game and deciding for ourselves sounds great and all, but without a demo it's a worthless line.
    I'd rather make a smaller dedicated fan base ecstatic than worry too much about the larger audience. --Brian Fargo, one of the good guys.

Lowly new user First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    well... could you rent it? I will probably rent it and if it as bad as its shaping up to be then i will just look at it the same as, say, renting a bad movie!
    "I don't think this is a subject worth discussing" is not an argument. If you don't feel it's worth discussing, don't discuss it. You have no business telling us what we should feel is important enough to discuss any more than we have the right to tell other people they should care about whatever we care about. - Brother None

I should set a custom title Carbon Dated and Proud
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by quick pockets
    well... could you rent it? I will probably rent it and if it as bad as its shaping up to be then i will just look at it the same as, say, renting a bad movie!
    I kind of feel the same but unfortunate we in the Netherlands don't have a rental service for PC games anymore
    My local library has PC games but their assortment has been steadily shrinking over the years, I think it becomes more difficult for them to get the latest titles.

That would be like the Twilight movies going to watch fat girls