Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi-Res Patches for Fallout1&2 & the BIS Mapper

Lowly new user First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    I'm having problems using both the Megamod 2.44 and the latest Fallout 2 High-Resolution patch, I managed to install them both without a problem, but once I configured the High-Resolution patch to my monitor's resolution and launch the game, the game itself acts as if it was "stretched" to fit my screen and everything else remains low-resolution and impossible to read in my monitor. Am I suppose to install a different version of the High-Res patch? Is there a fix somewhere else? Sorry if this problem was already addressed but I've been searching the forums and the wiki and I couldn't find anything related to it.

Vault Engineer Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Total Downloaded
    Hello all back again, new versions are up, links in my sig as usual. Version 4.1.8.

ZOOMING
    You will notice a couple of extra links below, I've finally have zooming working, although there are likely a few bug lurking. For this reason the zoom versions should be considered experimental for now.
    Here's a few details copied from the readme:
    1. In this version only DirectX9 mode can be used. DirectDraw7 and Basic modes are both disabled in this version.
    2. Zoom level can be altered using the mouse wheel when Alternative Mouse Input is enabled or with the keyboard using Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down. The mouse wheel should also work with Sfall's mouse input when the Ctrl key is held down.
    3. Zooming out beyond your chosen screen resolution will display the whole map. This view will likely appear blurry as it will be visually compressed to fit your screen.
    4. There is an option in the ini file IS_ZOOM_BOUND_BY_EDGES. Which when set will force the zoom resolution to always be within the bounds of the current map edges. This is for those who dislike seeing the black borders beyond map edges.
    5. Screenshots are a little different. Pressing the F12 key will create a 24bit bmp(formerly 8bit). Pressing Ctrl+F12 will create an 8bit bmp of the window the mouse is currently over. This should allow you to take a Screenshot of the whole map when zoomed out to max.

3. phobos2077 gave this post some rads
    will not buy Fallout 4 Half-way Through My Half-life
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mash View Post
    Hello all back again, new versions are up, links in my sig as usual. Version 4.1.8.

ZOOMING
    You will notice a couple of extra links below, I've finally have zooming working, although there are likely a few bug lurking. For this reason the zoom versions should be considered experimental for now.
    Here's a few details copied from the readme:
    1. In this version only DirectX9 mode can be used. DirectDraw7 and Basic modes are both disabled in this version.
    2. Zoom level can be altered using the mouse wheel when Alternative Mouse Input is enabled or with the keyboard using Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down. The mouse wheel should also work with Sfall's mouse input when the Ctrl key is held down.
    3. Zooming out beyond your chosen screen resolution will display the whole map. This view will likely appear blurry as it will be visually compressed to fit your screen.
    4. There is an option in the ini file IS_ZOOM_BOUND_BY_EDGES. Which when set will force the zoom resolution to always be within the bounds of the current map edges. This is for those who dislike seeing the black borders beyond map edges.
    5. Screenshots are a little different. Pressing the F12 key will create a 24bit bmp(formerly 8bit). Pressing Ctrl+F12 will create an 8bit bmp of the window the mouse is currently over. This should allow you to take a Screenshot of the whole map when zoomed out to max.
    Hey there, good to see you again!

Just a question about the DirectX9 requirement, should we be concerned about this causing any compatibility or performance issues? Personally I don't use ddraw or f1_res in DX9 mode because it runs significantly slower on my system. That being said, I haven't tried it for a while, so I guess I can just try this release and let you know.

I like the new features; 8-bit screenshots was a pain if I forgot and saved real quick with MS Paint because it would corrupt the colors.
    Last edited by Sduibek; 03-09-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    ENGINE CONVERSION PROGRESS: 75% - Help appreciated

Fallout Fixt: GitHub - Check for updates - Download - Bug reports - Changelog - Troubleshooting - Donations
    Fo1 in Fo2 engine conversion: Thread - Wiki - Vote for features <-- once completed, future Fixt releases will only use Fo2 engine.
    REFERENCE: RndEnc Map - RndEnc Chances - Fo1 Bugs (old) - Better Countdown Timer - Proper Burning-Death Size - Editing Fo1 Maps - File Database - Cyrillic to Russian

Modder Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Total Downloaded
    Can't wait to test the zoom...

Edit: Copied over to RP 2.3 - and I'm getting an error when starting the game:

"Error initializing video mode 640x480"

Changed the

; Set WINDOWED=1 to enable windowed mode.
    WINDOWED=0

and it still wont start...

Vault Engineer Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Total Downloaded
    @.Pixote.: What OS are you on? If Windows Vista or above use the 'Manually Edit Config' button from the f2_res_Config.exe. Also set WIN_DATA=0 rather than change windowed mode as that is the more likely cause.
    @Sduibek: The Zoom version does require a relatively new PC and at present a little more grunt than regular Dx9 mode. I plan on keeping it a separate version for this reason.

Total Downloaded
    Oh, gotcha, I didn't process that it's a totally different version. My mistake.

Also, is it possible for mousewheel-scrolling to work in other critters' inventories, when hovered over them? For example in Steal screen on a hireling (e.g. Ian) if I hover over his items and scroll with the wheel, is it possible to scroll his items instead of mine.

Fallout Fixt: GitHub - Check for updates - Download - Bug reports - Changelog - Troubleshooting - Donations
    Fo1 in Fo2 engine conversion: Thread - Wiki - Vote for features <-- once completed, future Fixt releases will only use Fo2 engine.
    REFERENCE: RndEnc Map - RndEnc Chances - Fo1 Bugs (old) - Better Countdown Timer - Proper Burning-Death Size - Editing Fo1 Maps - File Database - Cyrillic to Russian

Total Downloaded
    Ah! Okay, thanks. I haven't been using that, so that's why.

I should set a custom title Vault Fossil
    Total Downloaded
    First post on this new (and shitty) forum

Mash, can you fix broken LoS for NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Continuum View Post

NPCs can't see player if there are objects with Shoot Thru flag YES between them and him* - (obj_can_see_obj(self_obj, dude_obj)) command. They can see player only in combat which doesn't make any sense because Shoot Thru means See Thru. Of course, this is not a problem for player - he can see them both in combat, and normal game. Because of that NPCs can't attack player properly, but instead must wait until player will attack them, or move where there's no such objects (there's nothing on LoS). In case of some maps it's looking very idiotic

* tables, chairs, one-level barrels, invisible scenery blockers, etc.
    Thanks in advance.

-------------------------EDIT

Any chances for:

Code:
    ; set to 1 to reduce CPU usage and heat generation by allowing the system to go idle. 
    CPU_USAGE_FIX=1
    hotfix for Mapper? This shit-written piece of software runs at 100% CPU even when ALT+TAB'ed to background.
    Last edited by Continuum; 04-16-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    contemplating the brandish of the torches...

Total Downloaded
    I hope this is the apropriate place to put this: I just can't seem to make the HiRes-Patch work, which comes with the RP2.3.3
    I want to apply a wide screen resolution which is lower than 1280X960 (e.g. 1024x600, the screen reolution of my laptop is 1366x768) but everytime i set such a resulution in the f2_res_Config an try to start the game it says error initializing video mode. What am i doing wrong?
    Graphics mode is dx9, latest dx runtime is installed.
    I've got WIN7 64 bit

The the the default resolutions in the f2_res_Config work just fine. But as I said i want a lower widescreen resolution, and scaling 2x isn't an option because of the nativ resolution of my screen. Any help is greatly apreciated.

Still kind of new First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    I want to apply a wide screen resolution which is lower than 1280X960 (e.g. 1024x600, the screen reolution of my laptop is 1366x768) but everytime i set such a resulution in the f2_res_Config an try to start the game it says error initializing video mode.
    First you must add your custom resolution to your video card list of resolutions. On ATI (AMD) cards it can be done by registry changes, on intel HD by intel HD control panel (on previous drivers).

I've question about changing the area of screen scrolling. When I move game cursor to screen edge then its working, but I want to increase this area to ease scrolling for hovering by wacom pen. Can I change it with res patch or sfall?

Total Downloaded
    Thanks for the info Hootl, I wasn't aware of that. Everythings working fine now.

Still kind of new First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mash View Post

ZOOMING
    Wow... Whether implemented for the mapper??! as a very important thing!

Total Downloaded
    Hello guys!
    I am buy on steam Fallout and have black line...How fix it?
    scr00001.bmp

Vault Archivarius Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Total Downloaded
    You can't fix it, it's normal, that's how the map is showed cause it's small in size. Smaller than the screen resolution you chose.

Total Downloaded
    How about add FPS lock at 60fps?
    Fallout 2 with High Res patch 4.1.8+zoom runs at 1000fps. I'm using Msi Afterburner to lock to 60fps..... Would be great add 60fps lock in Hi-Res Patch.

I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

Total Downloaded
    I can't seem to be able to find...is this killap's RP compatible?

Casual Modder Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by SorgFall View Post
    RP already includes the latest hi-res patch (4.1.8).

RP 2.3.3 Change Log:
    HTML Code:
    <snip>
    Misc:
    -----
    • High resolution patch updated to V4.1.8.
    <snip>

I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaRain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SorgFall View Post
    RP already includes the latest hi-res patch (4.1.8).

RP 2.3.3 Change Log:
    HTML Code:
    <snip>
    Misc:
    -----
    • High resolution patch updated to V4.1.8.
    <snip>
    Strange. It doesn't work for me. It's as if without the Hi-Res patch!

EDIT: Solved. I am an idiot.
    Last edited by SorgFall; 12-28-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Modder Mildly Dipped

Total Downloaded
    Is this mod dead? Would be happy to see features like:
    • taller message window
    • larger dialog/barter windows with more items on screen, etc.
    • larger worldmap window

I could try to do something with sfall, but first one it would be wrong, since there is a hi-res patch. And second, there is a new engine in the making.

Btw, is there a source code for this?

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38474849 ... LastLast