Thread: Slightly better NMA

Total Downloaded

Slightly better NMA

The forum is available again, and it's gotten a bit better, we hope. You should see an improvment in its speed, which was a problem lately, and also - we've taken the trouble to merge the posts from the old forum into the current one.

This of course means you n00bs will have more chances to find answers to your Fallout questions (and be ridiculed if you fail), veterans can experience their fallouty juvenescence, and anyone who's curios may scour the boards for random gems of thought. Nearly all the posts have been re-published in their respective forum sections.

If someone was a member of NMA on the old board and wants their posts adopted for a RIDICULOUS increase in postcount, PM an Admin.

MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious
    Total Downloaded
    it's alive! ALIVE!
    Quote Originally Posted by G.K. Chesterton (on the agressiveness of Fallout fans?)
    "Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

I should set a custom title Lived Through the Heat Death

Total Downloaded
    It's incredibly fast for me! Goody!

I want an obscene postcount and a new joining date, if it's possible.

Total Downloaded
    Your posts were joined into your account already. I thought you'd like it.

As for reg dates, no-one gets a date before 02.IV.2003 except maybe Miroslav.

MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious
    Total Downloaded
    isn't lightning fast as it is for briosa, but at least no minute long wait for the forum to load (until now).
    Quote Originally Posted by G.K. Chesterton (on the agressiveness of Fallout fans?)
    "Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by SuAside
    it's alive! ALIVE!
    You jinxed it!
    Game help can be found in my Fallout guides.

Quote Originally Posted by elpintogrande
    The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todo.txt
    BUG: Fixed alcoholic lizards!

I should set a custom title Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Total Downloaded
    Woohoo!

Another place to pass the boring old days of my life.

But that is a good thing!

Super Moderator Still Alive

Total Downloaded
    Merge my old account with my new one, pliz.

I should set a custom title Vault Senior Citizen

Total Downloaded
    Ok, I'm happy that the Forum is faster but I'm still not satisfied with the archives. There's stuff missing. There's a lot of months missing from the 2002, 2001 messages in GD. I needs them!!!

Ok, no rush, I realize that it's a big job. Just be careful with those archives.

I should set a custom title Antediluvian as Feck

Total Downloaded
    There's slightly under 400 threads from the old General forum, and 600 threads from the old Fallout 3 forum, that need to be sorted, moved, and spliced into the search tables. We didn't have a Vats back then, so generally people would just ignore the stupid stuff unless it caused problems, which is when we'd lock the thread. So now we're sorting while we're moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDreamDesigner
    Bugs can be fixed but shitty design is forever.
    TES was made an orphan once the Father left, and it's been left with the really creepy uncles that are dressing it up in flashy clothing and hooking it out onto X-Box Avenue.

Guess where Fallout stands?

I should set a custom title Lived Through the Heat Death

Total Downloaded
    This place is not only faster, but it's lightning fast for me now! New server, i presume?

I should set a custom title Mildly Dipped

Total Downloaded
    BRAKES! I NEED BRAKES! MY FUR IS BURNING DUE TO THE INSANE SPEED-CAUSED FRICTION! AAAARRGH!

"It's alive, it's alive!" Herheh I also said that a few day ago when I repaired my Fiat Uno 83' back into life. The sucker died on the highway...but after changing all the ingitions parts (minus one) it lives! The horror on wheels runs again! Of course this is totally offtopic, but hey...it's about living.

And I definelty want a custom description of me...you bastids. Or I'll furry you...
    ________
    Free vaporizer

always looking for water. Antediluvian as Feck
    Total Downloaded
    Wow! Not only is the forum not crashing, but its super-fast. Like it was when it had no problems...I assume this means all problems are gone then.

I'm more happy though just realising this place wasnt gone permanently. (A thought in the back of my head.)

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller
    I wouldn't drink the water if I were you...

I should set a custom title Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Total Downloaded
    I was like number 35 on post counts before MR left---Now my post count is pathetic. It was traumatic to me in the beginning, but I'm past that now. It's almost as if I trimmed all the fat away and I'm sleeker, younger, fresher...

Oh by the way, it appears to be much faster. Very nice.
    Reviews for Stephen A. North's 'Dead Tide'
    A militant zombie survival novel that, like all good zombie novels, bares the predatory nature of mankind. A wonderfully brutal debut for Library of the Living Dead.
    D.L. Snell, Author of Roses of Blood on Barbwire Vines.
    Dead Tide is a fast-paced journey full of zombie mayhem, in which ordinary people encounter the most gruesome monsters, both living and dead. Any fan of zombie fiction should enjoy this page-turning romp.
    Dr. Kim Paffenroth, Author of Gospel of the Living Dead, Dying to Live, and Dying to Live: Live Sentence.

On an island in the sun This ghoul has seen it all
    Total Downloaded
    Damn. The terrible lag wasn't that bad really. It totally demotivated me to visit this site, thus solving my (incurable) NMA-addiction. Which was highly appreciated by the missus, by the way. "Less typing for you, more cock for me," she said. Right. Now that the problem has been solved and this site is up and running again and moving faster than a cougar on vaseline, I once again will have to dedicate roughly 75% of my office time and at least 50% of my free time to filling this site with great stories, big mysteries and other utter crap. So yeah: thanks a lot, assholes.

Super Moderator Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Total Downloaded
    Can't you give her teh kawk while you're typing?
    Fiat iustitia ruat coelum, et pereat mundus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty
    The rest of us can enjoy being lovable retards.

Still kind of new First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Definately a lot faster than it was previously. Whatever you did, it was good.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDreamDesigner
    Can't you give her teh kawk while you're typing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry
    Definately a lot faster than it was previously. Whatever you did, it was good.
    GUYS I DON'T WANT TO KNOW
    Game help can be found in my Fallout guides.

Quote Originally Posted by elpintogrande
    The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todo.txt
    BUG: Fixed alcoholic lizards!

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by alec
    Which was highly appreciated by the missus, by the way. "Less typing for you, more cock for me," s
    Give us her address, and we'll' give her all the cock she can imagine.