Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fo2 speed run

Administrator
    Total Downloaded

Fo2 speed run

Larry Eggleston informed me that he had put up a movie clip of a speed run through Fallout 2, he ran through Fallout 2 in 20 minutes:
    I'm pretty sure this is the first known recorded attempt at a speed run for Fallout 2, which kind of surprises me given the game's structure. Having played it for so long, I knew that the way the game was built would make a speed run very viable, and I think this video reflects that. The run is recorded with the latest offical patch (v1.02), and done from start to finish without any saves...
    Wow..
    Link: Fallout 2 Speed run
    Briosafreak: a true cosmopolitan playbot
    Briosafreak: playboy*
    Odin: *bip....can you feel that...bip...baby...*

I should set a custom title So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Total Downloaded
    That's pretty impressive, should be interesting to watch.

I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

Lithuania. Gues youre wondering where the fuck is that????
    Total Downloaded
    DAM thats fast i went trough the game in a week or so
    Stupid optimisim that no one wants to hear.

I should set a custom title Mildly Dipped

Total Downloaded
    the dialogues go through really fast - are they speeded up?

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    i asked my selfe how he can go by ship without the navcomparts????

Total Downloaded
    He probably didn't even read the dialogues.

And if your intelligence is below 4 talking to the BoS person in San Fransisco will setup the tanker to run
    This is my life today, this is the way it went out of control. I cannot do without these glorifying means! (After Forever - Glorifying Means)

MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious
    Total Downloaded
    lol i think that generally ruins the game, but hey, he can do it however he likes
    Quote Originally Posted by G.K. Chesterton (on the agressiveness of Fallout fans?)
    "Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by MazeMouse
    He probably didn't even read the dialogues.

And if your intelligence is below 4 talking to the BoS person in San Fransisco will setup the tanker to run
    he dont talk with the BOS Person

I should set a custom title Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Total Downloaded
    No, but AHS-9 in the Hubologists base will do the same if your IN<3 when you talk to him - that's why he took the psycho to drive down his intelligence.

Still kind of new First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    holly shite!
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

I should set a custom title Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Total Downloaded
    Whoa, that was nice. But I wonder how many times this dude tried before he made it ? I mean he could die in that random encounter ... and he was lucky to have only one of them, he could get killed by guards while chought at stealing or planting explosives and so on .... So I would like to know which atempt was it.

Ah, btw, why he waited so long till entering San Francisco ? When I tried to go stright there ( 3 random encounters with one death from the bandits ) I was abe to get these stims and explosives without waiting that long. Was it to trigger some dialogue ?

I should set a custom title Still Alive
    Total Downloaded
    I actually made a 'speed run' of Fallout 2 a while back, though it took me 57 minutes or so. I posted a thread in the Order but I'm too lazy to dig it up right now.

Super Moderator Still Alive

Total Downloaded
    Wow! Didn't think that was possible. This guy should be made into some kind of Fallout God.

Heh, nowadays we seldom have interesting Fallout-related news. It's just Interplay this, Interplay that.

I should set a custom title Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Total Downloaded
    This demo is 30 minutes. He got to Enclave in 10 minutes!

For some reason I just love to watch other people playing, just so long as I'm not sitting next to them.

Administrator
    Total Downloaded
    So he took 30 minutes ? I haven't watched it yet..
    Briosafreak: a true cosmopolitan playbot
    Briosafreak: playboy*
    Odin: *bip....can you feel that...bip...baby...*

I should set a custom title Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Total Downloaded
    20, actually. The rest is credits rolling

Lowly new user First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Hmm i've been trying to duplicate the run, and i'm having a problem. The first merchant randomly seems to not have either the explosives, super stims, or psychos. Sometimes he doesnt have any of them.

Oh yeah, I know why he waits till sept 15th to enter san fran. It's to ensure he gets enough super stims to kill the president.

MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Whoa, that was nice. But I wonder how many times this dude tried before he made it ? I mean he could die in that random encounter ... and he was lucky to have only one of them, he could get killed by guards while chought at stealing or planting explosives and so on .... So I would like to know which atempt was it.
    if you run FO2 on a high powered machine + XP you'll prolly have only one or even less random encounters while traveling straight for san fran

i tested by running to all 4 corners of the map and i got only 2 encounters (1 enclave, 1 caravan)
    Quote Originally Posted by G.K. Chesterton (on the agressiveness of Fallout fans?)
    "Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of touching a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it."

Ancient One Vault Senior Citizen

Total Downloaded
    Bravo!!!

I'll have to see that somehow, although I might have to wait 4 hours on 56k dial up. At least....
    Forgive my ignorance Master.
    DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)

I should set a custom title Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Total Downloaded

Re: Fo2 speed run

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    Larry Eggleston informed me that he had put up a movie clip of a speed run through Fallout 2, he ran through Fallout 2 in 20 minutes:
    19 minutes, 30 seconds actually. I'm not sure whether I should be impressed or disappointed that it's even possible. Though I'll probably try the run myself if I can make out what it is he does inbetween all the fuzzy low-resolutionness.

The random encounter reminds me of the good thing about Fallout though. If combat was ever too hard, you could always run away.
    Until I hear "Isometric view", "SPECIAL system", "non-linearity", "turn-based combat" and "paths for diplomat, thief and combat characters" then I'm dubious about Fallout 3 by Bethesda.
    In your opinion, what are the key ingredients that every RPG should have?
    - Choice and Consequence ~ Gareth Davies
    Fan Made Fallout | Terra Arcanum | Duck and Cover

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast